Sash Part 4: Light February 18th, 1847. It was a bitter, cold morning at the entrance to the Lucky Mine. Clancy, Harold, and Elliot stood on the boulder just inside the hastily-reinforced hole in the hill. The other miners had been granted the day off with pay, and Clancy was offered triple his daily wage to be present for the initial exploration. He had fully equipped himself before heading to the Delta for a quick meal. "I still don'know why it smells like roses in here." Elliot mentioned. "Could be somethin' fell in through a natural openin' an' plummeted into the dark below." "I don't know, Elliot. The scent is sweet, but it doesn't carry a bitter note like flesh-rot does." Harold said. "No, this smells like something living." While the two men were discussing the strange scent, Clancy was beginning his descent into this unknown void. Their conversation carried on and was quickly muffled into echoes by the distance. ...
Today was mostly boring, so here's a breakdown of how days like this usually go: I woke up a little later than I'd have liked. Missed three of my four alarms which are all set to music that would normally wake me up. Shit, one of which is barely music at all... whatever. Grabbed a 12oz Rockstar out of the fridge and drank about half of it while getting clothes together for my shower. Took shower, warmed up car, grabbed leftovers [homemade coconut Thai shredded chicken on croissants], grabbed my butt-pad [broken coccyx], and off I went. Got to work at around 7:30am which is an hour later than I want to show up, but I don't actually need to be there until 8am. I just like getting in early to begin processing requests and run reports. Work was stressful the whole way through, so I stopped every so often to walk around. During those little breaks, I read back through an SCP Article draft that I'm in the process of critiquing. This draft is way out of my word-coun...
Generated Prompt: The Goblins were behind the curse. ----- PART 1. Mnok, Tromd, Nat, and Rez, Goblins of the Rose Hill, are seated around a fire in the main cavern of the Rose Hill Grotto. Nearby, a stick-and-twine cage holds five giant rats. Far in one corner of this cavern, there is a Goblin Alchemist hard at work creating potions of fire-breathing. Mnok Stonearse the Enlightened: "The Goblins were behind the curse." That's a rich headline coming from them damned Humans! Tromd Boneshade the Unusual: Uh, what is 'curse', Mnok? Nat Dreadbasher the Drunk: It when Human put Dwarven cheese in Elven wine, ha ha! Rez Madbasher the Scholar: Tromd, a 'curse' is when one who has extra-natural powers makes something happen according to some [ Nat Dreadbasher lets out a cavern-shaking belch which causes the caged rats to panic and squeak loudly ] sort of circumstance. Tromd: Oh! So when Nat drink blue drink, he fart blue cloud. When Nat drink green drink, he be...
Comments
Post a Comment